14 June 2015

Potted Fresh Herbs In The Kitchen....


Do you have space for a kitchen herb garden...on your bench top?
 This awkward corner space in the Mia Bella kitchen is a perfect spot...
for potted thyme, oregano, parsley and chives.
 With lovely bright morning sun, the pots are happy to stay in place for the entire summer.
 Add a jug of hydroponic lettuces (roots intact and sitting in water)...
for fresh picked lettuce for the sandwiches.
Add a vase of pretty blooms...
 Like these crisp white paper whites, with their glorious scent!
 And you have a beautiful kitchen vignette.
During the winter months as it is now in New Zealand, 
 the growth of the plants has slowed
and the pots need a little time in the sunshine outdoors.
Southern Hemisphere temperatures mean you can pop them outside for a week,'
then bring them in again.
(I do this 2 or 3 times over the winter, especially when we have a rainy weather week.)
I've had my kitchen herb garden on the bench top for over a year now...
and I LOVE the convenience, and the look of it!



8 comments:

  1. WHat a lovely spot you chose too! Being in that kitchen and smelling those herbs must be heavenly....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely morning sun in this kitchen...the herbs seem to enjoy that. :)

      Delete
  2. Love herbs in the kitchen. Those look so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your photos. Visitng from The Pretty Pintastic Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wire baskets you used! I keep herbs in my kitchen too and they are so great to have on hand when cooking. I'm hosting a link party at my blog www.inthenewhouse.com on Thursday and I'd love for you to stop by and share one of your posts. I hope to see you there! --Lela @ In The New House Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Something to Talk about link party! I love your little herb garden in your kitchen. I always wondered how herbs would do indoors.. I think I am going to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do Misty, I would be without them now. And I have just started up some others - coriander, and a different parsley, so when I take some of the pots outdoors for their real sun holiday, I have more to bring in. Rotate the pots is a new idea I'm trying out.

      Delete

Post a Comment