2 August 2016

Let's Copper it!


At the moment I'm prepping for an Art Studio makeover.
It's long overdue...
I have my leather couch and french coffee table in storage,
and  I'm gathering bits and pieces to pretty up the space.
I picked up this pottery vase at the 2nd hand shop for $3.
Love the texture of it, but not the colour.
Because I am having a little crush on copper at the moment, 
there was no question what to do with it.
Let's copper it!
Oh my gosh let me loose with the spray paint!
At the same time I painted a plastic light shade too.
For as much as I would love a chandelier in my studio,
practicality and light requirement means that is not such a good idea.


The copper spray paint is fabulously easy to use
with instant coverage.
The brand I used is 'Plastikote'.

And the vase looks gorgeous in the studio... 
I cannot wait for Spring when I can complete the Art Studio makeover!



Linking at:

9 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty upgrade with the copper paint! I am a copper collector and love its warm glow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copper is a new thing for me. I have fallen in love with it!

      Delete
  2. I love getting the spray paint out and giving a new look to a tired old thing, your little pot looks so much better with its coppery sheen. And the best thing is, you've not invested a fortune so if you fancy a change one day you can simply respray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spray paint is just getting better and better too with quality and coverage. Copper certainly must be in as I had so much trouble locating that can of copper colour paint in my small town. lol

      Delete
  3. Hi Tracey, what a lovely little vase. How exciting it is to get your art studio redone. I would love to have a dedicated space for an art studio. Right now, it's in a corner of my office considering writing pays the bills and art is really just a hobby for me. One day maybe Thank you so much for sharing with us at #SimplifyWednesdays Pinned, Tweeted, Shared

    xo,
    Carla a.k.a Mrs. R @ SimplifyLifeWithMrsR.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My studio changed as life needs changed - was once a guestroom, an art studio, then a homeschool classroom, and now back to an art studio. I stopped art for lack of time, worked in radio, freelanced and homeschooled. I never thought I would paint again, and be successful...keep the dream Carla it will happen. :)

      Delete
  4. Great color! I love copper accents too. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle! Pinned to share.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Tracey Lee. It's so much fun to change things up with something as simple as spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment