DIY Halloween Cork Ghost Tree

 I enjoy crafting Halloween-themed treats for children to take home as a non-edible gift!

Halloween crafts diy bats

Last year I made the cutest cork bats.

You can find out how to make them HERE.

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

This year I decided to make some cute little cork ghosts, some using upcycled fruit-bag mesh and some with white fabric.

I made twenty of them; we live rurally and only get a few trick-or-treaters to visit.

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

To Craft The Ghosts, You Will Need:

20 corks

Two colours of paint: I used Resene metallic Copper Fire and Dulux Lylttleton

40 small googly eyes

Orange and red mesh: I used bags that fruit comes in from the market.

Muslin cotton cloth.

Ribbon: 20 pieces cut to 20cm (7 inches)

Glue gun and glue stick, scissors, and a paintbrush.

Method:

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

Paint the corks. 10 in one colour and 10 in the other colour.

(Or you could leave the cork natural).

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

Once the paint is dry, measure the cork size, cut 10 squares of mesh and 10 squares of muslin, and drape them over 10 corks. My squares were quite random in size. 

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

Use dabs of hot glue on the head to hold in place.

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

Glue on two googly eyes to each ghost.

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

Glue the ribbon hanger on the top of each ghost.

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

To display:

I placed a natural branch from a Magnolia tree into a glass vase.

Then I stuffed around the tree trunk with white shredded paper.

 A ribbon bow was added.

 I hung the ghosts on the branches.

I kept the inside display simple by placing the vase on a piece of orange glitter foam.

Then added some sweets.

Easy DIY Halloween craft ideas

Best NZ Blogs

Or join via email updates for the latest blog posts HERE.

#halloweencraftideas #halloweendiy #halloweenghosts

No comments: