24 October 2012

Pretty Tiled Tin Bucket...

We have just retiled our fireplace hearth with these gorgeous tiles and I had some left...But what to do with them?  
On my foraging expedition at 'Bed Bath and Beyond' (I so love their sales table!) I came across these fab tin buckets.  Bonus is they are already painted, so I got this ecru coloured one (and a bright red one to be saved for a Christmas project). 
The Soaking word is not required, so this is where the tiles come to play...
All I did was cut a strip of tiles wide enough to cover the soaking word and used tile fix to stick it to the bucket.
Measure from the top rim so the tiles are evenly spaced...I used a hair dryer to help the drying process (otherwise the tiles tend to slip downwards).

Leave 24 hours, and grout.
Pop in a lovely potted crysanthumum...and there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment