DIY Book Paper Butterflies...

Such a simple idea...
And simple to do!
Butterflies made from old book pages.
First:  find a butterfly template you like on the net...
Print it on your home computer in the sizes you want...
Paper Craft
Pulling pages from the book...
was extremely difficult for me to do.
As a book lover there is no such thing as an 'old' book'!
And I think my Mama taught me well as a small child to respect books.
You see,
I had rushed into the op shop 
and grabbed this book without a second glance, 
so on the day of the butterfly-making project 
I actually stopped to look at it...
Sigh!
An hour or so later,
the book page butterflies began...
(because I just had to have a little read first,
great book it was too...
 about Scotland,
full of history, short stories and poems.)
I 'saved' pages of poetry for future use.
(A way to compensate my destructive behaviour!)
and then proceeded to pull pages.
I used four book pages for each butterfly.
Next cut out your butterfly templates.
Paper Craft
Using it as a stencil,
With a pen draw around the outline.
You can have the print running vertically or horizontally,
it is up to you.
Paper Craft
 Gather together some brads and string.
Paper Craft
 I used Christmas brads.
Large red stars
red jewel sparkles
and little gold stars
 So all you do is:
Holding your pages book pages tightly, 
use craft scissors to cut around the drawn outline of the butterfly.
Paper Craft
 Pop a brad in the centre to hold it all together...
Paper Craft
 Or use string...
Leave a length of the string from the knot when you cut it for the antennae.
Paper Craft
Then fold the butterfly wings up so you get a 3D effect.
Paper Craft
I've made these in two different sizes to use for Christmas decorating.
But you could use them for anything, and for any occasion.
Just use your wonderful imagination!


Paper crafts
For the latest posts CLICK  :)


#christmas #craft #papercraft #bookpage #butterfly #ornament






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...