27 March 2016

Thyme In A Teapot...


Fresh herbs in the kitchen are a must have...
So convenient and so useful.
Thyme is a herb I seem to use a lot of.
And as I was giving my indoor potted herbs 
(Visit that post here:  Potted fresh herbs in kitchen...)

a break from being indoors and outside in the sun,
I thought a single thyme plant would suffice until the other herbs returned to the sunny kitchen corner.

 This is Grandma's teapot...
I LOVE it because it is shiny and black!
How funky is that?
Not used for tea as it is a notoriously bad pourer!

It is often used as a vase or in decor displays, 
but I thought why not pop a thyme plant in it.

 So that is exactly what I did.
And that thyme simply LOVES the sunny kitchen corner, 
as it is growing as fast as I can use it.
There is nothing like fresh herbs near at hand for adding to home cooking.
And I love the way they look in the kitchen decor!







4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea, Tracey! Rosemary literally grows like a weed here and is often used in the area between the street and sidewalk. I like to cut a few stems from the large rosemary bush in my garden and keep them in water by my sink....love the aroma when I sprinkle them with water. Now, I have to go look at my teapots to see which one will work by my sink! I'm visiting from Cindy's Amaze Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a rosemary cutting on the windowsill now in water growing roots. I want to add one to my kitchen herbs too. I love rosemary! :)

      Delete
  2. Love that, I have a huge pot of Rosemary on the white shelf. And I use it all the time. Thanks for the beatiful pictures and share. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cute idea! I love using teapots for things other than tea! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment