DIY Stamped Lampshade...❥


This post is about my DIY Stamped Lightshade, 
 
So read on...
I found this little light shade in the bargain bin at Bed Bath & Beyond.
Only $18!
I've always wanted a lamp for my built in shelving in the Red Lounge,
but have never found one that fitted the width of the shelf.
But this little lamp was the perfect fit!
Plain white base with a cream linen type shade, I decided to add some stamped images to it.
This is how I did it...

For the first row of stamps I taped one inch spaces using a 2 inch wide sellotape.

The stamp I used was a simple poppy design by Stampin' Up.
The first ink colour was a red by Dewdrop Inks.
Press the ink over the stamp...

test on a similar type fabric as the shade first if you like as you want just the right amount of ink to avoid bleed.  

Carefully press stamps onto the fabric spaces between the sellotape.
Leave to dry 10 minutes.

Remove the tape and the stamp the design again in a different colour ink. This time I used a dark grey.  The pattern was red - upside down - Grey - right way up.
Leave 10 minutes to dry.

Then I used a cream white ink to colour in the internal parts of the poppy stamp.
Place the light shade onto the base, connect a light bulb, and put in place on the shelf.

So this is how it turned out...  
in traditional Japanese aesthetics, 
wabi sabi is a view that is centred on the acceptance of transience and imperfection.
The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is imperfect, flawed impermanent or incomplete'.


I'm telling you this story because the lampshade is not perfect - I was a little heavy handed with the red dye. So there is some imperfection with bleeding into the fabric on a couple of the stamp impressions.  
Regardless -  I think it is still beautiful.
And when I decide to change the shade...
I already have a vision of another DIY project!

#homedecor #diy #lightshades #stamping

You might like to also visit:
My store at Fine Art America & Redbubble







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...