Hanging Succulent Plant....❥

Are you like me?
Do you have a habit of killing the plants in your hanging baskets?  
Try as I might I simply cannot remember to water them.
And that is why I am choosing succulents for my covered deck hanging baskets.

I found this sweet plant at 'Bunnings Garden Centre'.

It's called 'Rhipsalis Cereuscula'.
And isn't it dinky?
Great form.
Great green colour.
Great no kill properties!
The plant was $15.
I already had the hanging basket planter from a previous unsuccessful flower planting.
I freshened up the potting mix and popped this green beauty into the basket. 

As it gets older it will grow new hanging jointed leaf spikes that are shaped like rice.
They will hang down over the sides.
In the Spring this interesting hanging succulent plant produces white to pink satiny flowers.

The secret to growing this plant is to keep it dry in the winter. 
Protect it from frost.
It prefers warm conditions, but I have had mine on my covered deck all winter in the afternoon sun, and it has not minded the coldest mornings of 2 degrees at all.
The recommended position is in the full sun to part shade.
In fact, it is sprouting new growth!




And the little white flowers in Spring are just the cutest!

DIY kokedama
 'Rhipsalis Cereuscula' is also a perfect plant to use with the kokedama no pot technique.
Find out how to make a DIY Kokedama HERE.


#succulents #hangingsucculents #hangingbasketplants #droughtresistantplants


https://track.roeye.co.nz/click?pid=880&offer_id=375




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...