Upcycled Frame Jewellery Display



Upcycled Frames

   Displaying vintage brooches and necklaces in an old picture or mirror frame is a fun and creative way to showcase these beautiful timeless accessories while adding a unique touch to your bedroom or dressing room decor.

Start by sourcing an old frame in a size and style you like. 

Look for frames with intricate designs or interesting textures to add character to your display.

Upcycled Frames

I found a lovely vintage French-style mirror via a second-hand seller on Facebook.

The top detail had been broken, but it was a simple fix to sand the sharp edge and round it off.

Upcycled Frames

I didn't want the mirror for this project, so I removed the back of the frame and took the mirror out.

Tracing the shape onto cardboard for a new backing.

Upcycled Frames

As my bedroom has a silver colour palette, I thoroughly cleaned the detail on the mirror frame and spray-painted it.

Upcycled Frames

I choose a shiny mirror silver paint.

Upcycled Frames

Once dry, I cut a piece of wadding to fit the shape.

Upcycled Frames

Then I covered the wadding with a beautiful grey velvet fabric.

 Hot glue was used to attach the fabric to the cardboard with the wadding in between.

Upcycled Frames

Next, it was a matter of reassembling the wadded fabric into the frame. I used PVA glue to attach to the frame.

Leaving it overnight to dry.

Upcycled Frames

I added a hanging attachment.

Vintage Jewellery

Now for the fun part.

Let's add the jewellery.

Vintage Jewellery

You can poke the point bar of the brooch into the fabric wadding, or you can pin the brooches on using pearl head sewing pins.

Upcycled Frames

Consider grouping brooches by colour, size, or theme to create a visually appealing arrangement.

Some of my brooches and necklaces are family heirlooms.

Some were sourced from thrift stores.

One brooch was a gift to me when I was 8 years old from an elderly lady my Mama was a caregiver for.

Upcycled Frames

And yes, in case you are wondering, they do get worn!

What I love about the Upcycled Frame Jewellery Display, is at a glance, I can choose the brooch or necklace of the day to compliment my outfit.

You might also like to learn how to make the

Upcycled Antique Frame Mood Board.

For the latest posts JOIN :)


 Visit my 'Saatchi Art & Photography' store 

Original art store HERE

#upcycling #vintagejewellery #oldjewels #upcycledframes #diyideas


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...