20 June 2016

'Between The Lines' The Mia Bella' Story...

It is an honor to be featured this week with other 'over 50' bloggers 
on Katherines (Of Katherines Corner fame) 'Between The Lines Blog Series'.
To coincide with this, I thought it would be a great opportunity 
to share a little more to new readers and my wonderful followers.

When did 'Mia Bella Passions' blog begin?
It all began in September 2012.  
I managed to crash my blog twice in the first year whilst learning about widgets, buttons and html.
I also learned very quickly how to resuscitate a crashed blog! 
Thank goodness for bloggers who write about blogging!!!

What does Mia Bella Passions name mean?
Mia Bella is Italian for My Beautiful. (I have italian heritage ). 
And Passions - well I have so many passions for so many things. 
It was just the obvious choice!

Why did I start blogging?
For years several of my friends were always saying 'you should share what you do!'
Then during a very low time in my life of multiple surgeries, when I thought 'I would never work again', I knew I could still create, craft and bake, so that is when I decided to start the blog of sharing!

Who takes the photographs on your blog?
In first few months, my daughter took the photos.
But she moved to a new town for work, so the inevitable happened.
I picked up a camera and have not stopped clicking!
Photography has become a huge passion for me.
I then discovered how to create inspirational quotes...
Yes - you guessed it....yet another passion!

How much time do I spend blogging a week? 
After once thinking I would never work again, I actually work 5 to 6 days a week now.  Blogging is only a small portion of what I do. I'm also a fulltime artist, do photography work, and as well as a bit of volunteering.  
The biggest joy for me as a blogger,  is 'inspiring ' others by spreading love and positivity via art, crafts, DIY, baking, decor design, and beautiful things! 



How would I describe my blogger image?
It's real.  What you see is what you get. 
I am sharing the creative side of my life with my followers.
 I like to keep the personal stuff away from my blog because Mia Bella Passions is all about sharing what I do day to day. 
It's all about the inspiration, positivity and creativity.

And just in case you were wondering - yes - the grey hair is real! I haven't dyed my hair since age 45.
I love red lipstick!  I love 50s fashion! 
Being an individual is very important to me. 
And being 50 certainly does not stop me rocking what I love!


That's a little of the Mia Bella Passions story...
I hope you'll visit with Katherines Corner  'Between The Line Series' to see the answers to this week's questions from myself and the other fabulous 'over 50' bloggers featured.

Visit HERE

and remember:



22 comments:

  1. this is such a wonderful post. You are gorgeous! Thank you for your continued bloggy friendship, your kind words and for being a part of the Between the Lines blog series xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine. Between the Lines blog series has been great fun!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tracey---it's so nice to meet you through the between the line series!
    I love that you embrace your grey hair---I've been following a group on FB called Going Grey Gracefully and I think it's so inspirational!
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com
    FYI---I tried to follow you on pinterest---but your button on the right sidebar didn't link to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall look up that FB group. The side pinterest button worked for me, so not sure what happened there. The link is: https://nz.pinterest.com/miabellapassion/ :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, Tracey! It is so nice to "meet" you from Between the Lines. I loved, loved, loved your answer to Katie about the last compliment you gave -- so sweet, and just so classic! It made me think of my daughter and our relationship, too. Your work is beautiful (I'm going to head over and explore more of your art), and I look forward to seeing more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey, I'm so glad I found you through the Between the Lines Series. It has been super exciting meeting other bloggers the same age as myself. Your art is stunning as is your beautiful gray hair. I haven't been brave enough yet to let my gray show but I'm sure one day I will. Being as artist myself, it's always nice to see someone else work. I mainly paint for a hobby or when I have to work myself out of a dark place but art has always been in my blood lol .

    Xo, Carla @ SimplifyLifeWithMrsR.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla. I'm heading over to visit you now at SimplyLifeWithMrsR.com.

      Delete
  5. So nice to meet you, Bella! We are featured together for "BetweentheLines." Your photography and art looks amazing! (I'm Terri Webster Schrandt but my comment name via google comes up as Terri M).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracey it is so nice to see you in the series and learn a bit more about you. Like you I am also obsessed with photography and that is because of blogging. It's nice to see that we can still be active and vital after a certain age. In fact we might be at the height of our creativity now. Love the hair! I too stopped coloring mine a few years back and feel so liberated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gray hair rocks doesn't it! And yes I think I am busier now at this age than I ever have been.

      Delete
  7. Tracey - So nice to meet you through the Between the Lines Series. I too love photography and quotes. I also find great joy in sharing with others and that is where I get my most joy. I however am not as fond of my gray hair. Kudos to you for embracing yours! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL re the gray hair. I have to admit doing 'the dye or not dance' for at least a year and a half in the transition. But I'm glad I stuck it out. The gray is a part of me now. ;)

      Delete
  8. Ah, if only my hair would go properly gray. I'm still sticking it out, and my hair's still thoroughly stuck on pepper and salt. I love you artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracey Lee, it's good to meet you! I'm finally getting caught up with this week's featured bloggers in the series and it sounds like you and I have a lot in common. Looking forward to getting to know you better and I'm your newest follower on your social media platforms.
    Marie, The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie. Between the Lines has most certainly been a fab way to connect. :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Tracey, I am one of your fellow bloggers from Between the Lines! Your art is beautiful and so are you. So nice to connect with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Thank you so much. It's wonderful to connect with you too. :)

      Delete
  11. I love your art work. It was so great to meet you through Between the Lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy - It has been fab to meet you too. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment